Protect Yourself During Flu Season
The best way to reduce your flu risk at work is with basic hygiene precautions from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Here are their top five:
- Get vaccinated! It's the most important way to prevent the spread of the flu.
- Stay home if you are sick. The CDC recommends that you stay home until 24 hours after your fever ends.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds; use an alcohol-based hand rub if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your nose, mouth and eyes.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, or cough and sneeze into your upper sleeve(s). Throw tissues into a "no-touch" wastebasket.
Reminder: Opti Staffing Group is committed to keeping you safe on the job. Please call us at 503-594-2000 any time your work conditions or assignment duties are changed.