Keep Your Feet (and Your Eyes) on the Ground
Spills, wet floors and disorganized work areas all have one thing in common: They increase the risk of slips, trips and falls. Use these tips to keep yourself (and co-workers) safe on the job:
- Keep floors as clean and dry as possible.
- Wear appropriate waterproof footwear in areas where wet processes are used.
- Maintain a neat work area by storing tools and materials appropriately when not in use.
- Keep aisles, passageways and exits clear of obstructions and potential trip hazards.
- If you spot potentially hazardous conditions at work, report them to your assignment supervisor immediately.