Resources For You
Checkers or Chess?
Want to stay relevant? Competitive? Profitable? Then it's time to up your contingent workforce game. Stop using contingent workers as a "quick fix" -- and make them a strategic part of your workforce.
Still taking a "checkers" approach to staffing your business? In years past, effective staffing was pretty straightforward. Hiring internally and using contingent workers as a "quick fix" was enough to keep your company flexible and competitive.
But in today's operating environment, the rules of successful workforce management are much more complex. New workforce paradigms, demographic shifts, talent and skill shortages, evolving technology and an unpredictable economy have changed the game.
The face of our workforce is changing.
Baby boomers are retiring. Generation Xers are assuming senior leadership roles. Millennials are moving up through the ranks. Generation Z is entering the workforce. The future of our workforce:
- demands greater flexibility and work-life satisfaction
- is change-tolerant
- embraces (even prefers) project-based, nontraditional employment
Virtual work is now the norm.
Cloud-based computing, mobile, and wearable technologies enable people to work anytime, from anywhere. Progressive employers are increasing their access to talent -- and saving on overhead -- by embracing virtual work for both core and contingent employees. These employers realize that the traditional work paradigm (full-time employees who work face-to-face) is rigid, expensive and limits access to talent. And in many cases, decentralized and/or nontraditional work engagements are the smartest business option.
"Nontraditional talent is no longer viewed as a
"necessary evil," but an essential asset.
SOW workers, contractors, temporary employees, consultants and the like have become a primary source for accomplishing critical projects, supporting enterprise endeavors and enhancing the quality of business growth initiatives.
Clearly, the game has changed.
Most organizations now view their contingent workforce as a vital part of their enterprise, actively contributing to the achievement of business goals and objectives.
Schedule your free workforce consultation with today.
It's time to up your game.
Using "reactionary staffing" to address today's workforce challenges is like trying to win a chess match using checkers rules. It just doesn't make sense.
If you're dealing with problems like:
- talent shortages
- fluid workforce demands
- chronic turnover
- managing ACA compliance and costs
- process bottlenecks
...or if you're looking for more flexible, cost-effective ways to:
- capitalize on new business opportunities
- simplify staffing management
- complete critical projects
- access specialized skill sets
- respond more quickly to changing industry, economic and operational conditions
...it's time to up your game -- and talk to your staffing partner.
Start playing chess.
Develop a comprehensive workforce management strategy that supports your business goals. Your staffing partner can work with you to:
- Analyze your talent supply and demand.
- Identify current and future gaps.
- Weigh your workforce management options. In addition to traditional staffing (i.e., temporary and contract) and placement options, discuss the potential benefits of:
- Centralizing staffing management
- Outsourcing processes or functions
- Implementing seasonal or planned staffing solutions
- Create a strategy to build your ideal workforce -- one that has the people and capabilities to meet your company's long-term goals.
Ready to up your game? Call us today — and get better results from your contingent workforce.
The right workforce strategy can transform your staffing function from a reactive, "vacancy-filling" role to one that continually aligns your organization's human capital with its strategic goals. It will improve the way you approach total talent management, but more importantly, it will improve your company's ability to respond swiftly and intelligently as our world of work continues to evolve.